PROJECT OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGY
LLP – Comenius, Multilateral School Partnerships „ERS, The EuroRainbow of Schools 2011 - 2013
The objectives are to:
- get to know each other, our history, traditions and environment. Get to know more about our routine, life at school and life at home. Initiate friendships or at least an interest in our pupils to communicate with their partners from the other schools
- develop an awareness of the relationship between people and colours through stories, songs, painting * encourage creativity through poetry, writing, acting, art, music, science experiments etc
- take care of the environment and make our neighbourhood greener
- get our students more active citizens
- encourage Ss practise foreign languages and learn foreign languages
- improve ICT skills
- get Ss and teachers travel
- foster mutual respect and tolerance, eliminate prejudices, xenophobia, racism
- get aware of and appreciate diversity
Our approach is many sided. We intend to engage the curiosity and interest of our pupils with the support of various activities which encompass very different skills so that all pupils will be enthused and motivated from the most academic to the less academic. That is why the planned activities cover a wide range of skills.
Subjects/problems we will address:
Geography, History, Citizenship, Modern Foreign Languages, Science, Art, Technology, P.E, Religion/Ethics.
We want to take advantage of this opportunity to incite learning for a purpose and thus raise our pupils’ motivation for school.
Encourage cross-curricula planning.
We aim to challenge the lack of motivation for learning foreign languages of many pupils.
Approaches/activities linked to our objectives are:
- Students create questionnaires and exchange e-mail addresses, introduce themselves, their school and local communities through video diaries.
- Each school researches own colour symbols and cultural elements and exchange/compare their findings with partner schools.
- ICT skills will be developed through the use of computers and internet to store/send the data we need to share.
- Ecological challenges will be approached through discussion as part of the science/geography curriculum.
- We will plant trees and flowers at each school.
- Activities planned for 2 years (design a project logo, paint school windows and walls, make greeting cards, experiment substance reactions giving/changing colours, identify the percentage of atmosphere pollution etc) encourage and develop pupils creative skills.
- Create a multi-lingual dictionary/phrase book to encourage learning of foreign languages.